[Asterisk-Users] Should I choose DSL @ 1.5 or a full T1?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Jun 15 06:23:25 MST 2005

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 18:47, Barton Fisher wrote:
> So if I understand correctly, a full T1 should be 1.5Mbps full duplex.  And
> it should support 22 SIP Users at once - Right?

Depends on the codec and VOIP technology used and what else is going out over
the line.    With the right technology and conditions, and with the right
codec, you could easily fit over 130 conversations in that same pipe.

But to keep the discussion short: yes.  22 is perhaps stretching it with ulaw
but 18-19 is about the right answer.

-A.