[Asterisk-Users] RE: Calling on all Polycom Experts

David Gomillion dgomillion at eyecarenow.com
Wed Jun 15 05:59:35 MST 2005

>From: Ryan Stark <rstark at gmail.com>
>Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Calling on all Polycom Experts
>To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
>
>Hey all, I'll give my reseller a call for support in the morning, but I
usually have
>better/faster luck on the list.  I've got a SoundPoint IP500 that I
upgraded to
>BootROM 2.6.2 and SIP image 1.5.2 on someone elses advice, I forgot to
change out
>the old config for the new when I loaded the image up (I guess the
config changed
>a bunch between 1.5.2 and 1.3.1)  I was prompted with an error message:
There was
>an error proccessing the config file, Error of type 0x4020.  Then I
used the
>config file that came with the new release to write a new config for
that phone,
>rebooted, same error.  I did the 468* reset and it did the same thing
again.
>Any ideas on what that error is and how I fix it?
>(Polycom logs quoted bellow sig.)
>
>Thanks,
>-Ryan

I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I don't see in the logs where the
phone successfully requested the config files.  We had the same problem
when upgrading.  It had to do with our FTP server's firewall.  They
changed the way the FTP stuff is done when requesting the phone's cfg
file.

Hope that helps get you on the right track.  I didn't discover what the
root problem was until I moved the FTP files to an un-firewalled box all
together to see if the FTP server itself was whack.