[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk & outbound proxy?

Tim Pushor timp at crossthread.com
Tue Jun 14 19:35:55 MST 2005

I am tired of nat tricks, and would really like to run ser on a system
that straddles the internal and external network, and send all outbound
sip traffic to it (it would also rtp proxy). This would also give the
huge benefit of actually being able to implement SIP reinvites some of
the time, even though the * server is behind a nat.

I know there's no outbound proxy support in chan_sip (yet), chan_sip2
has not been updated in a while, and I am just wondring if anyone has
done any tricks to try and make something like this work (like sending
all outbound traffic to the proxy, and letting it figure out where its
supposed to go - somehow)?

Thanks,
Tim