[Asterisk-Users] Snom hardware quality

Maron Kristófersson maron at transistor.tv
Tue Jun 14 18:05:04 MST 2005

Hi List.

I've used 3x Snom 200 in a hotel environment for a year, all of them
have failed at some point (1 went up in smoke, 1 handset failed, 1
display failed).  I have 110 grandstream phones there of which only 3
have failed (whereof 2 due to brutal abuse), and in another company I
have 75 Cisco 7940 (SCCP Firmware) phones where not a single one has
failed (during 2 years).

I have no complaints against Snom support or the reseller, returning
them has not been a problem.  However I am replacing these phones with
new ones (they are used in the reception of the hotels).  I would like
to ask the list if you can suggest a good "Reception" IP phone of decent
hardware quality, and if you know if the build quality of the Snom 360
is better than the Snom 200 as I'm very happy with the software and
usability of the Snom's.

Best regards,

Maron Kristofersson