[Asterisk-Users] Should I choose DSL @ 1.5 or a full T1?

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Tue Jun 14 12:45:27 MST 2005

On Tue, June 14, 2005 21:30, Bill McLaughlin said:

<SNIP>

> There's also the fact that a lot of companies charge LESS for home access
> than for a business, under the assumption that the business will utilize
> it
> more, and/or can afford the higher price.

Also home/private access (talking DSL here, not E1/T1!) usually is
overbooked 25:1, whereas business connection are usually between 10:1 and
1:1 rates...

Assuming the 10:1 ratio vs. 25:1, it would mean a company would have to
pay 2,5 times what a customer pays for the ISP to make the same... at 4:1
(another common ratio) that would be 6.25 times as much...

At EUR 75 for a home connection that'd be USD 525 for the business at 4:1
ratio...

I can imagine the home fiber connection will probably be multiplexed to
share a single uplink with x other homes as well, so you'd probably be
looking at similar issues as I mentioned regarding the DSL ...

--
Francesco Peeters
----