[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel problem on BSD

Mark Willis markslists at marky.nu
Tue Jun 14 10:34:33 MST 2005

I have some lines outside the USA that I can't get to for up-close
testing. The issue is that when I make an outbound call on these lines,
I don't get answer indication until 20 seconds into the call. Asterisk
always thinks the line is answered, even if it's still ringing or busy.
On incoming calls the opposite is true, Asterisk doesn't know the line
has been hung up by the caller.

This is with the latest zaptel BSD drivers on a TDM400P with 4 FXO's.
Asterisk is HEAD from April. The lines are configured for Loopstart
(I've tried kewlstart too, same result). There don't seem to be any
polarity changes on the line for answer or disconnect.

Anyone seen this before? I'd be happy if I could just have the lines
think they are answered when dialling is complete.

Mark