[Asterisk-Users] -HEAD/--STABLE using 100% cpu

Kevin Bockman ml at neoninternet.com
Tue Jun 14 09:33:09 MST 2005

Hello,

I've been doing some testing lately on Asterisk.  I've had some problems
with it using 100% cpu at times.  One time, it held the 100% cpu usage
for 12 seconds.

I've tried the latest -head and -stable as of yesterday.  I saw Kevin
just made a commit, so I'll try updating again.

I was wondering if there is a specific version that someone has done
heavy testing on (handling at least 40 concurrent calls) that has been
working out well for them.  I would really like to hear from Matt at
Vici Marketing (I believe is the name).

I'm running Linux 2.6.11.11.  I've also tested on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE.

I'm not using any timing, music on hold, anything extra. For testing,
all I'm doing is making a call, playing a sound file, and doing a
one-line database update about 3 times during the call.  I have
converted the sound file to ulaw so it does not transcode.

If anyone has some hints, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kevin Bockman