[Asterisk-Users] Max Retries Exceeded - IAX2. Network problem?

Paul Redstone paul.redstone at solica.com
Tue Jun 14 01:59:57 MST 2005

Hi

We're having some problems with max retries exceeded errors using IAX2 which
causes dropped calls. Sometimes happens with Firefly softphone, now 1.9.9 (the
current one) but has also happened with a hardphone we use (IAXtel). This is
just for the internal connection between our desktops and our switch - these
are calls which then go out ver ISDN/PSTN and the error is definitely an iax
channel error, which means internal.

So my guess is now that this is due to either a problem with network
connectivity - our switch or with the network card in the Asterisk server.
There is some suggestion it happens when the network is busy.

Can anyone suggest a way of checking this out? I think I'm going to buy a
different switch type and see if ti has an effect but a more systematic way
would be better.

Thanks

Paul