[Asterisk-Users] SIP Authentication

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Mon Jun 13 19:44:19 MST 2005

Race,

Are you saying that the default is autocreatepeers=yes?

I was under the impression that the default is no and yes must be
explicitly defined.

Same holds true for insecure=, default no, optional yes or very.

Please tell me I am not mistaken so I do not feel compelled to review a
years worth of telecom bills line by line :-)

Damon

Greetings,

You have stumbled on to one of the most troublesome flag for newbies;
autocreatepeer.

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+sip+autocreatepeer

in your sip.conf file add a line in the [general] section
"autocreatepeer=no"

Now people can only use your Asterisk SIP connection if you create a
peer entry for them in your sip.conf file.

Your sip.conf file should be located in "/etc/asterisk" directory.

"cd /etc/asterisk"

"vi sip.conf"