[Asterisk-Users] Should I choose DSL @ 1.5 or a full T1?

Marcelo Pacheco marcelo at m2j.com.br
Mon Jun 13 17:13:53 MST 2005

SDSL has symmetrical speeds and full duplex communications.
Of the widely deployed lan/wan technologies, the only one I know of that is
half-duplex is 802.11{b,g}.

The only technical difference between a T1 and SDSL is how it's physically
delivered to the customer, what usually happens is that a T1 is not oversold,
while an SDSL is oversold anywhere from 8:1 to 3:1.

ADSL is full duplex as well, if you don't know how to do QOS then it will feel
like it's half duplex, but it's not. I have 1000/320 ADSL that I can use full
bandwidth both ways.

Marcelo Pacheco