[Asterisk-Users] More on the IAD connection

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Mon Jun 13 10:28:24 MST 2005

AdTran can come in either flavor depending on the modules they install.

It can dump analog lines or it can be fully digital and split off voice
T.
I would recommend the digital domain for sure.
Get yourself a Digium T1 card and keep everything digital.
Get a block of DIDs (20 is the norm for XO) and you will have a great
solution.
Don't bother with analog lines.  They work but consider it this way.

T1 card = around $600 and can support up to 23 voice channels with 1
control data channel.
4 Port Analog - $330 - will never support more than 4 ports and IRQ
becomes issue as you add more cards

Obviously with a split T, you are not coing to use all 23 channels of
voice.
However, you will have room to grow, get better features, and avoid IRQ
problems (probably).

That is my $0.02.

Cheers,
Wiley