[Asterisk-Users] POLYCOM IP 500 Setup

Matthew T. O'Connor matthew at zeut.net
Sun Jun 12 22:41:09 MST 2005

Hello, I just wiped out my old asterisk install and installed Asterisk
at Home.  I was quickly able to get my Digium TDM422P working, 2 POTS
lines, 2 phones.  I also got X-Lite working as a SIP extension.  I then
tried to setup my Polycom IP 500, and this was not so easy...

Using AMP I created SIP extension 205 to be used with my Polycom phone.
I setup username = 205, secret = 123, context = from-internal.

I setup my phone to have a static IP address, then pointed my web
browser at it, to setup my phone.
I setup Sip Conf with: Address = "IP of * server",  Server1 = "IP of *
Server"
Under Registration, I setup: Identification: Address = "IP of * Server"
, Auth User ID = 205,  Auth Password = 123, Server1: Address = "IP of *
server"

Now with all of this setup this way, I don't see the phone registering
iwth Asterisk, or even attempting to.

What do I need to do at this point?

Matt