[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: Digium Website Update: Asterisk Business Edition

Steve Wolfe swolfe at wolfeservices.net
Sun Jun 12 19:38:37 MST 2005

>Again, I totally fail to see the problem here.

See the ubuntu distro site  for more on why this can be seen as a
problem and conflict of interest.
 http://www.ubuntu.com/

I cannot find the exact quote now, but the idea that Mark Shuttleworth
mentions is that if ubuntu shipped a slick corporate version (aka Red
Hat and others)  it would cause a severe conflict of interest for the
ubuntu team; so they are not going to do that.

I really like the idea of astrisk having an  "ABE" or something like it.
-- that this is a known stable supportable level of code.

I really dislike That digium wants to treat this knowledge as secret
instead of letting both the customers and the community know where these
checkpoints are in time and location is very sad.

And this is something that I have worried about when first using
asterisk .. that is .. what level should I be using. but pulling stuff
off of head and testing seems to have worked fine (so far :) )