[Asterisk-Users] RE: GSM -> ULAW sound conversion

Kevin Bockman ml at neoninternet.com
Sun Jun 12 11:49:25 MST 2005

Hi Michiel,

> As I said in my last mail, 'file' should do it.
> I checked it with a recorded voicemail:
> sin# file msg0000.WAV
> msg0000.WAV: Microsoft RIFF, WAVE audio data, mono 8000 Hz
> --
> Michiel van Baak

That is what I figured.  Mine does not give that information:

output of file tt-weasels.gsm:
tt-weasels.gsm: data

output of file -v:
file-4.12
magic file from /usr/share/misc/file/magic

Maybe I have a different version of file.  I have Gentoo.  I will see if
I can find a different version.

Did you see my origional post?  I had to add on to it.  My real problem
is trying to convert gsm and wav files to ulaw.  That is my real goal.

Thanks,

Kevin Bockman