[OT] Why not use both? WAS: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Should I choose DSL @ 1.5 or a full T1?

Bryce Chidester bryce at rhinoequipment.com
Sat Jun 11 14:52:05 MST 2005

Just a thought but, why not leverage both simultaneously and boost
the overall speed? Clients will only notice a slowdown when one or
the other goes down, but QOS will usually be better. At least you
wouldn't be wasting $80/$60 a month on something not used. Even
better is that no intervention would be necessary - both connections
were live to begin with so you're simply dropped to 50%.
I looked into doing this myself with WiFi and dialup connections in
addition to cable, but seeing as my neighbours have cable connects
and I don't have a dedicated line for dialup (not to mention the
intolerably slow speeds for even one computer) I haven't implemented
it. However, I have met quite a few that spread their connects across
various DSL, cable, T1, and other frame-relays so it certainly is
doable.

Regards,
Bryce Chidester
Rhino Equipment Corp.
bryce at rhinoequipment.com        SIP: 305 at rhinoequipment.zapto.org
+1 (480) 940-1826 x305                IAX:
guest at rhinoequipment.zapto.org/305