[Asterisk-Users] Re: ztdummy/rtc

Kevin Bockman ml at neoninternet.com
Sat Jun 11 14:30:28 MST 2005

Hi Tony,

> You do need RTC support in the Kernel, because it is the hooks in the
> rtc.c driver that the new ztdummy requires.
That's what I thought.  That was going to be my next step but I hate
messing with the kernel remotely.  I just made it as a module like you
did and it worked.  Thanks.

I'm still having my (apparantly) timing problem, but I'll do some more
testing and make a separate thread for that.  I'm generating an
outbound call through Asterisk.  The inbound audio is good, but the
outbound audio is sometimes staticy.  This seems to happen only at the
start of the call.  These are short test calls, just playing a "weasels
ate our phone system" catted together 4 times.  The call is ulaw and so
are the audio files.

I don't think I have this problem if I have it call my SIP phone and
play MOH.

> Cheers
> Tony

Thanks,