[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID transforms

Pat Jensen patjensen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 08:55:19 MST 2005

Hey guys,

I would like to do some very basic Caller ID transforms on incoming
PSTN calls, traversing via SIP on my Cisco 1760V router to *.  What is
the best place to do them, and could you specify an example?  I've
browsed the Wiki quite a bit, and I know how to act on certain calls -
but I don't understand how to transform the Caller ID.

1. I'd like to remove area codes from calls that start with 559, so
that the redial functionality works on my IP phones.

2. How do I transform calls with no Caller ID so that they show
"Unknown Caller" instead of the IP address of my SIP gateway?

Thanks for your help, have a good weekend.

Pat