[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk@Home connecting through firewall/router

C. Hatton Humphrey chumphrey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 19:45:32 MST 2005

I ditched the idea of using Asterisk straight through my router, there
was too much to set up in too little time for me.  I've found a spare
machine and installed Asterisk at Home on it.  Things run smoothly except
for connecting to my IAX provider; It doesn't even look like packets
are going out at all.

Here's my config:
                          ANY
Cable ------> Firewall/Router ------>   Switch ------->    Asterisk at Home Box

|------------->    Other PC's

\------------->    SIP DTA's for internal phones

(The "ANY" refers to both a D-Link router appliance and my FreeBSD router)

The phones register fine on the PBX.  I just can't get Asterisk to
authenticate out to the IAX server.  I've opened up all of the ports
listed on voip-info.org and even have gone so far as to put the box in
as the "DMZ" on the DLink.

At least on the FreeBSD install of * I could get connection.  Is there
something on Asterisk at Home (latest release downloaded this morning)
that I'm missing here?

Thanks!
Hatton