[Asterisk-Users] Call disconnect

Scott England sengland at controlnet.com
Fri Jun 10 10:19:01 MST 2005

When connecting from providers (I have tried 3 now) in the UK and having
the calls routed to my asterisk server in the US, I am suffering a call
disconnect problem.
    The problem occurs whenever I record a call, either using record or
sending the call to the voicemail application. This however does not
occur when I route calls from US providers to the same Asterisk
server.The calls are being disconnected after about 30-45 seconds of
recording, and appear to be terminated normally. I can however listen to
messages or stay on hold for 10 minutes or more.

    I have tried this on several other servers and get the same problem.
Is there something I am missing in the configuration? Is is possibly due
to there not being any audio being sent back to the PSTN gateway in the
UK during a record function?

Any help would be appreciated, I am really stumped on this one after
many hours.

Scott England