[Asterisk-Users] VOIP-INFO

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Jun 10 07:06:52 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 08:12 -0500, Nathan Pralle wrote:
> > WHy not do it for free.  Start the 'VoIP documentation project' on
> > sourceforge.  It provides bandwidth, filesystem for images and all, php,
>
> Erk!  My vote is against Sourceforge, definately -- although it's free,
> you get what you pay for.  Clumsy interface and *shockingly* slow load
> times.  I don't know what they're running for lines, but DAMN it takes a
> long time to get anywhere on there.   That and their penchant for going
> down more often than a thermometer in Canada, I'd rather not have the
> resource there. :)
>
> (they're getting better, mind you, but it's still not great)

I havent had that problem, maybe its more of a peering problem rather
than them ...  A network connection between you and them is slow,
overloaded and goes down.  I have *never* had a problem getting to
sf.net nor slow load times (although some pages load slow because the
underlying php is inherently slow, most are really fast).  They have a
really good raid system (a php stats program gives info off the machine
it runs on and does run on sf.net) so it shouldnt be a FS problem.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378