[Asterisk-Users] VOIP-INFO

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Jun 10 05:48:56 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 05:35 -0700, Chris Coulthurst wrote:
> 	It sounds like there are quite a few people willing to aid in
> bandwidth for voip-info.  I was just wondering if it wouldn't make sense to
> mirror the site across several locations with a round-robin DNS for a little
> bit of load balancing?  Any thoughts?
>
> Chris Coulthurst
> chris at shuksan.com

I would like to start by saying wikis are against my religion, however
voip-info is one of the best that I have seen, fairly well maintained
current info, and its *accurate* at least most of the time for most
things.

Prejudices asiude, round robin seems to have a bit of a problem with a
wiki on its surface, and must have some stuff done to make sure that its
good.  Namely the database backend needs to update all servers or
everything is out of sync and people get confused or problems arise when
comments are properly propagated.

WHy not do it for free.  Start the 'VoIP documentation project' on
sourceforge.  It provides bandwidth, filesystem for images and all, php,
and all.  afaik it does not provide database connectivity so that may be
limiting, but it might.  If the wiki software can support filesystem
access instead of say mysql then there is no problem.  That would allow
for a solution to everything that should be required, and provide a nice
connection at zero cost to anyone (other than time to set it up,
maintain it, and all that).

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378