[Asterisk-Users] ATTN: Keith - Seriously OT

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jun 10 05:01:49 MST 2005

On Friday 10 June 2005 07:34, Terry H. Gilsenan wrote:
> Your server your rules, however in this day of increasing trojan SMTP
> engined boxes, you should expect to get les and less deliverability.

I fail to see how a reverse pointer that == forward record means a more
reliable message.  How many SMTP servers are compromised?  I far prefer
smarter methods, especially in days where people are putting as many services
as possible on one IP and want a reverse record that makes some kind of
sense.  :-)

> The point I was making is that the MTA was using a faked name in the HELO.
> That is an immediate red flag to a well configured MX.

Oh absolutely and, as I said, I do the same thing.  Actually my front-line
postfix rules reject a lot of mail before it ever hits the real spam/virus
filters.

-A.