[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail and MS Exchange Synchronization

Guido Hecken guido.hecken at gwsnettech.de
Fri Jun 10 04:29:10 MST 2005

I would like to support these plans for exchange/outlook integration with at
least $250 as well.

Please have a closer look at http://www.click-and-call.com/ .
Mediastreams has developed their product e-phone, which we could test a
couple of months ago. Their Outlook Integration is really great:
- see missed calls in inbox
- right click a contact or missed call entry to dial
- starting outlook, registers the extension in the system (on
asterisk-server ?!)
- incoming call pops up, transfer it with one click to voicemail or other
extension
- Managing Call Groups within outlook
- Managing voicemail
- Recording of calls
But if you also have a closer look on their prices... ;-(

If the community would be able to develop such a "killer-app", Asterisk
could really become the leading telephone application, perhaps world-wide!
Developers like Thorben Jensen did a realy good job, to get things work on
the client side. Perhaps, these guys with the power to code things well,
should work - more - together on an Outlook Integration.
My experiences with asterisk in short are, that the server-apps are running
really stable, many features are developed, tested and made there way to the
stable version.
But what's really missing, are GUIs that "normal" users can work with. They
have to accept them and should "love" to work with them. If we can't provide
users with these GUIs, the powerfull features within Asterisk are only
something for "techies"  like us.

Now, this is my 2cts to this discussion.

Nice weekend to all and let's make Asterisk a more powerfull application

Guido Hecken

gwsNetTech
Guido Hecken

Quirrenbacher Str. 36