[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail and MS Exchange Synchronization

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Thu Jun 9 21:39:44 MST 2005

{clip}

This is good, but just the configuration management process quickly becomes unrealistic for a larger office deployment of, say, 250+ clients. Similarly, a larger organisaion running Exchange presumably has also architected their hardware for it and would get better value from consolidating storage in that hardware - consider someone running an Exchange Server cluster with a SAN behind it...

Perhaps there really is a need for two tiers of solutions here - the large scale Mailserver-as-backend-for-Asterisk concept presented earlier today by Craig Guy and then a more generic Asterisk-as-backend-for-mail clients using IMAP, some other mail protocol or even a per-mail client custom plug-in as you've suggested.

Just my can$0.02

Kris Boutilier
Information Services Coordinator
Sunshine Coast Regional District