[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail and MS Exchange Synchronization

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 17:08:47 MST 2005

On 6/9/05, support at sjobeck.com <support at sjobeck.com> wrote:

> Race,
>
> Good stuff. Thanks.
>
> Here is a nutty idea: do you think a slightly insane individual could create
> something whereby Asterisk talked to an IMAP4 client which then logged-in to
> Exchange, inserted a message with a unique ID#, which it would keep track
> of, so when the user deleted the VM via telephone, the IMAP4 client would
> say, ut oh, I gots to get me that msg ID# back, so it would fire up, log-in,
> find msg ID#, delete it.  Or, have I been using too much compressed air
> lately?

On the asterisk side, we can have (again using the same idea) asterisk
run a command when a message is deleted, and in that case have the
command send an email to an address on the IMAP server that will be
responsible to delete that message from the users folder.
Also look at my other postings on this subject, it might be easier to
create a connector in Exchange to accomplish this, however that is
only for Exchange if we want it to work with everybody then using IMAP
is really the way to go.