[Asterisk-Users] voicemail check for busy message

Chris Coulthurst asterisk at shuksan.com
Thu Jun 9 14:32:24 MST 2005

How about the System() command?  I haven't tried it but I wonder if
something like this would work.

Exten => 1234,1,System(/usr/bin/head
/var/spool/asterisk/vm/default/${EXTEN}/INBOX/busy.gsm)
Exten => 1234,2,Voicemail(u${EXTEN})
Exten => 1234,102,Voicemail(b${EXTEN})

As I understand it, System() will return -1 on errors (such as FILE NOT
FOUND) and continue to priority n+101.  I'm not sure if that means -1 if
the program spits out an error, or if RUNNING the program itself is
unsuccessful.   Might be that it returns 0 even if the file doesn't
exist, because as in my example, the program /usr/bin/head DOES exist.

Hey, if it works, post it!

Chris Coulthurst
 <mailto:chris at shuksan.com> chris at shuksan.com