[Asterisk-Users] Re: Voicemail and MS Exchange Synchronization

Iassen Hristov ih.ng at databrokers.net
Thu Jun 9 14:18:17 MST 2005

I don't see why it has to be Exchange specific. It should be able to work
for all IMAP servers.

The way I see it, it should be fairly simple to implement in the following
scenario:

1) Modify Asterisk source to:
a) when sending the notification e-mail - add a special X-Header that
contains an ID for the VM.
b) when deleting the msg - send a msg to a special e-mail address

2) On mail server have a procmail or sieve rule that when sent a special
msg containing the VM ID is able to find it by searching the X-Header and
delete it from the IMAP store.

Another possibility for 1b) is if the AstManager sends the fact that the VM
was deleted as an event. If this is the case then a client application can
"subscribe" to that event and do the necessary finding and deleting of the
e-mail.

Matching can technically be done on the subject, but an X-Header seems less
dangerous.