[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Live! CF

Bob Goddard asterisk at bgcomp.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 11:57:30 MST 2005

On Thursday 09 Jun 2005 18:55, Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) wrote:
> Abel,
>
> I am working on Intel boards only.
>
> I have tried VIA boards and I do not recommend anyone to work on VIA
> boards for a production system. The reasons for this being that there
> are just way too many issues with these boards, gcc being just one of
> them. The main issue is Interrupt Conflicts and incompatibility for many
> accessories.
>
> The link below has more information on these problems:
> http://pcbuyersguide.com/hardware/motherboards/VIA-Problems.html
>
> A few more snippets are here
>
> http://www.georgebreese.com/net/software/
>
> Kris probably will answer your other question.

Tell us, do you no longer use planes, trains and automobiles because
some were deathtraps many years ago?

No? so why bring up 4 years old problems for not using a certain
motherboard manufacturer. There have been lots of improvements
since then and I dare say most if not all the problems listed
above do not affect the systems which are currently in manufacture.