[Asterisk-Users] TDM04B

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Jun 9 04:00:59 MST 2005

On Thursday 09 June 2005 06:32, anderson at skyweb.co.ke wrote:
> Is it true that a FXO port will NOT provide a dial tone?

FXO means it connects to a central Office -- it accepts dialtone and ring (it
acts as a telephone)

FXS means it connects to a Station (telephone) -- it provides dialtone and
ring (it acts as a telephone network)

Easy to remember: FXO connects to an Office, FXS connects to a Station or Set.

You ordered a TDM04B which is four FXO ports, which is for connecting four
telephone lines to.  I *think* you want a TDM40B which is four FXS ports,
which is for connecting four telephones to.

I'm *positive* that Digium (or your reseller) will swap this out for no extra
charge unless there's a restocking fee for having to order it in.

-A.