[Asterisk-Users] Clicks in audio with TE100P PRI

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Jun 9 03:22:32 MST 2005

On Thursday 09 June 2005 00:52, James Bean wrote:
> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
>
> The same thing happens.

Did you rerun ztcfg?  I have heard rumour (but not seen it myself) that you
need to fully reset (power off/on, not just reboot) to get the card to accept
a new clocking method.

> You may consider also that if I connect PAP2 to LAN everything works,
> also if I use other ip phone from internet works fine.

This tells me that it's not related to LAN.

> I also check if I'm loosing interrupts and everything seems ok. Also I
> pull out the TDM400 from the box.

This tells me it's got nothing to do with the TDM400 or lost interrupts.

> At last I change jitterbuffer=16 and it works better, the clicks are
> reduced. Could this be possible? What is the function of this parameter
> in zapata.conf?

You're just masking the issue.

> I should tell you that the TE100P is connected to another E1 board (not
> a live E1) from Natural Microsystems which acts as a gateway to PSTN.
> This board works as a PRI master but I don't think that this could be
> the problem as long as using other phones or in LAN it works perfectly
> and the voice is clear with no clicks o sound looses.

Please try what I suggested above.  I am confident it'll solve your problem.

-A.