[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 mic generating noise on other end

Lex Lethol lethol at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 17:39:55 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm having a problem with one of our 7960.  They all run latest 7.4
SIP firmware.

The problem appears on the other end.  The other end constantly hears
a 'crackling' noise.  I have tested using phone set, headset and
speaker and the noise appears on all cases.  I have other 7960 setup
exactly same way (using same asterisk, firmware, etc) so it looks like
a hardware issue.

I'd appreciate if anyone has any insight on this or any other similar
issues before I open the thing.

Thanks!

Lex