[Asterisk-Users] error message: INIT: Id "s0" respawning toofast:disable for 5 minutes

Justin Ellison justin at techadvise.com
Wed Jun 8 06:36:31 MST 2005

I had this same issue - it's because AAH tries to run a getty on ttyS0,
and if you have COM1 disabled in the bios (or it doesn't exist), this
won't work.  If you're getting this issue, edit /etc/inittab, and
comment out the line that says:

s0:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty -i -h -L 9600 ttyS0 vt100

Then save the file, and do a 'killall -HUP init' as root - the problem
should go away.

Justin