[Asterisk-Users] SS7

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jun 8 06:16:26 MST 2005

Matt wrote:

> Isn't the SS7 code for Asterisk available under the commercial
> Asterisk license and that's the only way to get it?

No, that's a poor description of the availability... one of these days
I'll have to ask them to stop wording it in quite that way.

If you want to use the commercial SS7 stack that exists for Asterisk,
you can _only_ use it with a commercially licensed copy of Asterisk
provided by that same vendor. The SS7 stack is _not_ a Digium product
nor do we have any involvement with it, other than allowing the SS7
stack vendor to provide commercially licensed copies of Asterisk for use
with it.