[Asterisk-Users] Station Lines

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Wed Jun 8 06:38:21 MST 2005

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 08:38:27AM -0400, Sean Cook said:
> The feature that he really wants is to be able to pick up any line and
> have all the stations show up on his phone.  Is this possible in
> asterisk?  If so can someone point me in the right direction?

That describes a key system. Asterisk is a PBX. Trying to make Asterisk
function like a key system (while possible) is difficult, and will
result in much frustration.

Instead, you are best off showing this person how to use a PBX properly.
It may take a little getting used to, but it's best in the long run
because you won't be supporting a goofy system.