[Asterisk-Users] D-link DPH-80 (SIP) call to asterisk problem

Eugene Crosser crosser at rol.ru
Wed Jun 8 05:46:55 MST 2005

Followup to myself:

> I have a D-Link DPH-80S SIP phone (it's a non-US model), and I am trying
> to make it work with Asterisk.  I tried versions 1.0.7 and yesterday's
> CVS and the behavior is the same.
>
> The phone registers with no problem, and can accept calls.
>
> But when I try to make outgoing call, there is a series of invite
> requests from the phone, to which asterisk responds with 407.  Comparing
> logs with that of a soft phone, the difference is as follows:
>
> Softphone
> p: INVITE w/o Auth
> a: 407 auth required
> p: ACK
> p: INVITE with auth
> a: 200 OK
> - all of these share the same Call-ID.
>
> D-link:
> p: INVITE w/o Auth
> a: 407 auth required
> p: ACK
> p: INVITE with auth and new Call-ID
> a: 407 auth required
> p: ACK
> p: INVITE with auth and new Call-ID
> a: 407 auth required
> p: ACK
> p: INVITE with auth and new Call-ID
> - et cetera
>
> Apparently when Call-ID is new asterisk no longer matches the nonce that
> it sent to this phone (check_auth is called with NULL third argument).
>
> This does look like a bug in the phone firmware.  However, the phone can
> successfully initiate calls via several commercial and community
> providers.  I tried iconnecthere.com and voipuser.org and it works!
>
> Now, the question: could it be possible to make the phone work with
> asterisk?  Any ideas?  I can send the log on request (it is rather big).

OK, I figured a workaround.  I have to create two separate entries in
sip.conf instead of one entry with type=friend:

[555-in]
; D-Link hard phone
type=user
context=home
host=dynamic
insecure=very
canreinvite=no
callerid=D-link Phone<555>

[555]
; D-Link hard phone
type=peer
context=home
host=dynamic
user=555
secret=555dlink
canreinvite=no

type=peer entry allows registration of the phone (because DPH-80S refuse
to work if it is not registered), and type=user entry tells asterisk to
accept INVITE from the phone without authentication.  Now my phne
actually works for both incoming and outgoing!

Eugene