[Asterisk-Users] performance of * in several scenarios

barney barney at spirit.bentel.sk
Wed Jun 8 02:39:31 MST 2005

Hi,

Is here someone who could provide me any information from practical using of * ?

I need to know more about performance. The main question is:
"How many extensions should i have configured in and provided with my * box in several cases":

1. * is used only for SIP signalling, no rtp stream is going through * (always using reinvite and no nat used in lan/wan)
2. * is used for signalling, rtp stream is going between UAs, but rtp stream is going through *, when is routed outside (from SIP to TDM world) via SIP trunk
3. * is used for signalling, rtp stream is going between UAs, but rtp stream is going through *, when is routed outside (from SIP to TDM world) via local CAPI/ZAP interface
4. * is used for signalling, rtp stream is always going through (never reinvite)

Common details:
- no codec translations  / only one codec used in whole network
- voicemail system and other  services like wakeup calls, weather information, ...  are running on other (dedicated) * box (hope that its possible)
- no frontend like SER used

Are there any tables or some tools, which could make some calculations for me ?

Thanks,