[Asterisk-Users] Xlite not communicating with Asterisk

Mohamed A. Gombolaty mgombolaty at noorgroup.net
Wed Jun 8 01:28:49 MST 2005

Dear All,

I have downloaded the xlite version 2.0 for windows and I made the
following conf in the xlite itself as the document suggested in order to
make it work with Asterisk but still it doesn't work as a matter of fact
when I tried to make a tcp dump I can see no packets going between the
windows client and the Asterisk server at all, here is the my conf on
the xlite itself:

in the Menu>System Settings>SIP Proxy>Deafult

Enabled: yes
Display Name:
Username:
Authorization User:
Password: xxxx
Domain/Realm: mysip.server.com
SIP Proxy: 192.168.99.243
Outbound Proxy:
Use Outblound Proxy: Default
Send internal IP: Always
Register: Always
Direct Dial IP: NO
DIal Prefix:

my sip.conf for the device is as follow:

[881]
;Turn off silence suppression in X-Lite ("Transmit Silence"=YES)!
;Note that Xlite sends NAT keep-alive packets, so qualify=yes is not
needed
type=friend
secret=xxxx
callerid="Mohamed Mahmoud" <881>
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=inband
context=from-sip
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=gsm

ofcourse I added in the context mentioned above the macro I use with all
my extensions.

--
Thx
MAG