[Asterisk-Users] Incoming voice "disappears"

Tony Davidson tony at davidson.id.au
Tue Jun 7 19:54:01 MST 2005

Apologies if this has already been posted to the list.  I sent it about
an hour ago and it hasn't shown up yet.  I've changed the format to
plain text in case that was the issue.

I'm having a major issue whereby voice is going out fine but none is
coming in.  If I ring someone I will hear them answer and then nothing.
They still can hear me.

Looked at the logs and with my limited experience can't see anything
strange.  This is the info on the screen:

    -- Executing SetVar("SIP/203-b69b", "DIAL_TRUNK=2") in new stack
    -- Executing AGI("SIP/203-b69b", "fixlocalprefix") in new stack
    -- Launched AGI Script /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/fixlocalprefix
  fixlocalprefix: Removed prefix. New number: 61xxxxxxxxx
    -- AGI Script fixlocalprefix completed, returning 0
    -- Executing Dial("SIP/203-b69b", "IAX2/82146514/61xxxxxxxxx") in
new stack
    -- Called 82146514/61xxxxxxxxx
    -- Call accepted by 210.80.176.12 (format gsm)
    -- Format for call is gsm
    -- IAX2/82146514/2 is ringing
    -- IAX2/82146514/2 stopped sounds
    -- IAX2/82146514/2 answered SIP/203-b69b
    -- Hungup 'IAX2/82146514/2'

The other strange thing is that if I call my office on the PSTN line
when the * box their answers and goes to voice mail I can hear
everything fine.  The info all looks as per the above.  FWIW this is
also the case (i.e. works fine) if I call another * based PBX and go to
voice mail (for testing - no one's there either).

I don't believe I've made any changes to the configuration I've been
running happily for about 2 months.  It's an *@home 0.7 setup with a
Sipura 3K providing the FXS & FXO ports. I've got a Draytek Vigor 2900VG
providing routing and QOS.

In my bumbling way I've tried changing the codec to ilbc - no
difference. Rebooted about 5 times. Removed the trunk and reconfigured.
Tried different extensions.  All to no avail.

tony
Zero Effort Networking
Pty Ltd ABN 38 082 434 446
PO Box 6045
Blacktown NSW 2148
www.zeroeffortnetworking.com.au
info at zeroeffortnetworking.com.au
Tel: (02) 9676 3541
Fax: (02) 8569 2012

Message from: tony at davidson.id.au
Message to: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Attached files: 0
This message contains confidential information and is intended for asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email