[Asterisk-Users] New Asterisk Manager Proxy -- astmanproxy 1.0

David C. Troy dave at popvox.com
Tue Jun 7 08:49:33 MST 2005

Hi folks --

For those of us trying to develop interactive web-based Asterisk
applications, it can be a challenge getting Asterisk integrated in a
cgi/mod_perl/php environment.  The load associated with making multiple
connections to asterisk via the manager port, having to teach our
applications to parse "manager-ese", and a variety of other factors have
all pointed to the need for a Manager Proxy.

In September, as a proof-of-concept I released a first version of a proxy
called simpleproxy.pl, which has been widely deployed.  Wanting to add in
new features, such as XML output capability, I have released a new and
considerably richer multi-threaded/pthreads based proxy called
"astmanproxy".

It is now available here:
http://www.popvox.com/astmanproxy

Please evaluate it and let me know your thoughts.  I will be presenting
this code at next week's Astricon in Madrid and would like to gather some
momentum in the developer and user community for adding new features and
enhancements to the code.

Cheers,
Dave

--