[Asterisk-Users] realtime & nat

Victor Alvarez victor at sentidocomun.es
Tue Jun 7 08:08:18 MST 2005

It's pretty obvious from the wiki that realtime and Nat don't befriend quite well. As It is obvious the necesity of both of them, mainly have clients under nat talking to an asterisk server. The question I would like to throw away is.. What would you do to have both of them? I have two possible solutions in mind.

 1. Use static configuration for sip users with nat=yes.
 2. Buy iax hardphones and forget about VoIP & SIP protocol. (Early stage).

Is IAXy going to be the missing piece to complete a nice and stable asterisk system?

Kind regards,
  Victor.