[Asterisk-Users] PRI Lines not being answered (No User Responding)

Tom Hayden thayden at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 06:36:01 MST 2005

Hello! Continuing my PRI saga - I have a PRI setup and appears to be
answering calls OK, but my carrier is cutting all the calls after 15
seconds.  For example, when I call from my cell phone, it goes
straight to a busy signal - however the CLI shows the call coming in
and being answered.  Additionally, when I call from another ground
line, it will ring once or twice, again show as answered, but then
give a busy tone.  I have a TE110P.

I called my carrier and they told me that it gave their trace a "No
User Responding" - however I show my box is answering! Any ideas? I
verified that my D-chan should be 24 and the switch is of ni1.

Is there some other method or signalling I ought to be using to
indicate to the carrier's switch that I have answered? Should I have
the carrier switch something for me?

Thanks in advance guys - i'm going to put my entire experiences on
this one in the wiki :)

** zaptel.conf
defaultzone=us
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-12
dchan=24
loadzone=us

** zapata.conf ( cut for brevity)
 signalling = pri_cpe
 switchtype = ni1
 context = DIDincoming
 group = 2
 channel => 1-12

** extensions.conf (cut for brevity)

[DIDincoming]
        exten => 0980,1,Answer
        exten => 0980,2,Dial(SIP/p100,30)
        exten => 0980,3,Voicemail(100)

Here's my CLI output on a cut call (i added the XXXX )
   -- Accepting call from '734432XXXX' to '0980' on channel 0/1, span 1
    -- Executing Answer("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (DIDincoming, 0980, 1) exited non-zero on 'Zap/1-1'
    -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'

--
Tom