[Asterisk-Users] I want to move the MySQL server out to anothermachine

Mike Holloway asterisk-users at citrini.com
Tue Jun 7 04:54:46 MST 2005

If you have phpMyAdmin installed, you can simply go to the webpage, go
into the mysql database, the db table, hit the Browser tab, and clone
the line for your particular asterisk db, changing the Host to %, which
will permit any host to connect to that database (assuming proper
user/password).

If you don't have phpMyAdmin installed, install it :P

Instead, from linux shell, you can follow the instructions on that URL I
sent, something like:

# mysql --user=root mysql

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'%';

where *.* is the database name (or just leave *.* for all db's) and root
is the username that you will be connecting to mysql with.  The user
must already exist in the 'user' table of the mysql database.  You can
see what databases and users are already defined:

mysql> SELECT * from database;
mysql> SELECT * from user;

-mike