[Asterisk-Users] Re: chan_sccp / 7960: "External call" and more

Sergio Chersovani mlists at c-net.it
Tue Jun 7 00:14:16 MST 2005

> When dialling  a number, my 7960 always says "External call". Is there
> any chance to tell it the difference or make it display the dialled
> number (especially nice when using speeddials)?

CallInfoMessage issue, it should be fixed by Jan in the CVS, I will
check it out

> Is there any way with chan_sccp to have asterisk taking influence on the
> phone's ringing?

Yes, I believe we can use 2 ringer tones, outside and inside, that's all
with CCM. added in my todo list

> does anyone have played with VXML_URL and 7960 phones with chan_sccp
> or has any links about that?

No idea on how CCM get it working. I need a CCM trace for that

> is it possible to use one "line" on multiple phones. AFAIR, the CM
> permits that and shows the status of the line on all phones which have
> this line on a key.
>
> I am still curios about that... Anybody working on this issue?

Me, I need it!
It's not so easy because we need to heavily rewrite the code for that

> when using a speeddial or the Redial softkey, the phone does not
> produce any tones.
> Is this a configuration issue or a bug?

Many of these issues have already fixed in the CVS
http://chan-sccp.sourceforge.net/

Sergio Chersovani