[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 + 7914 using SIP

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Mon Jun 6 12:28:40 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 15:10 -0400, Oswaldo Arratia wrote:
> Hi
>

> Has anyone made a Cisco 7960 work with the 7914 expansion module?  I'm just
> trying to use the expansion module as additional Speed Dial buttons, I do
> not care if the LED show of the line if busy or not, I only want to appear
> the name and when you press the button it calls the configured extension
> number.
>
> Any tip is greatly appreciated.
>

> Asterisk version: 1.0.7 stable
> SIP image: 07-4-00

As far as I know, you need to use the sccp firmware to make the 7914
work.
You will need chan_sccp or possibly chan_skinny.

You can find some directions here.
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=chan_sccp2

You will want to turn the debugging down to 0 in the chan_sccp.c file or
your prompt will be rather busy with things happening.

respectfully, Joseph ===============