[Asterisk-Users] PHP/AGI Problem

asterisklists at adontendev.net asterisklists at adontendev.net
Mon Jun 6 10:27:10 MST 2005

Hi folks,

I thought I should jump in here. There appear to be a lot of PHPAGI gurus in
this thread.

I am running a prepaid application with Asterisk. When authentication has to be
done by DTMF everything works fine. However when the user is authenticated
directly from the sip phone, the channel variables seems to disappear.

PS: The situation has now reversed. SIP calls retain the proper status and PSTN
calls lose their status value, always returning -1.

After switching to debug mode and tracing the events this is what I see.

The top 2 return the proper status code.
The bottom one from the PSTN gives an undefined code.

I wonder whether the problem results from the parsing of the stream by
the phpagi code or it comes from * itself.

The only difference between the two types is the dotted.quad.ip.address:port
string in the latter and I wonder if that could be the problem
The output from the CHANNEL STATUS code appears okay. Tt is when it is
reprocessed again to be passed into the php variable that is when it appears to
go wrong.

Is it an AGI bug or phpagi bug? I am using phpagi version 1.6 and wonder if it
is a known bug that has been fixed in subsequent versions.

Trace from Voip Connection Firefly/Xlite

AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command
AGI Rx << CHANNEL STATUS IAX2/obelix at obelix/2
AGI Tx >> 200 result=6
AGI Rx << VERBOSE "result is 6" 1
  prepaid_beta.php: result is 6
AGI Tx >> 200 result=1
AGI Rx << Array
AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command
AGI Rx << (
AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command
AGI Rx <<     [status] => 6
AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command
AGI Rx <<     [description] => Line is up
AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command
AGI Rx << )
AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command

Trace from Xlite

AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command
AGI Rx << CHANNEL STATUS SIP/obelix-c27b
AGI Tx >> 200 result=6
AGI Rx << VERBOSE "result is 6" 1
  prepaid_beta.php: result is 6
AGI Tx >> 200 result=1
AGI Rx << Array
AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command
AGI Rx << (
AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command
AGI Rx <<     [status] => 6
AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command
AGI Rx <<     [description] => Line is up
AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command
AGI Rx << )
AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command

Trace from PSTN DID

AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command
AGI Rx << CHANNEL STATUS IAX2/02080438682 at 218.14.131.186:4569/2
AGI Tx >> 200 result=6
AGI Rx << VERBOSE "result is " 1
  prepaid_beta.php: result is
AGI Tx >> 200 result=1
AGI Rx << Array
AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command
AGI Rx << (
AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command
AGI Rx <<     [status] => -1
AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command
AGI Rx <<     [description] => unknown
AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command
AGI Rx << )
AGI Tx >> 510 Invalid or unknown command

Obelix.