[Asterisk-Users] Re: Digium Website Update: Asterisk Business Edition

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Mon Jun 6 06:43:19 MST 2005

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Peter Nixon wrote:

> On Monday 30 May 2005 13:28, Matteo Brancaleoni wrote:
> > and , what is more interesting,
> > they've omitted any reference to digium resellers
> > and specified only distributors :(
>
> Yes. Our reseller info was removed. And some of our customers have been sold
> to directly.. Not a nice way to do business :-(

On the other hand, as an end customer I rarely see the need for the
resellers, except as a cost-adding man in the middle. The distributors
usually add value in that they clear customs and keep stock. To me, the
supply chain ideally is manufacturer -> distributor -> customer or
manufacturer -> distributor -> integrator -> customer.

Resellers have their place in mass market products.

Peter