[Asterisk-Users] Digium G729 licensing - is it worth the trouble?

Nir Simionovich nirs at dimitel.com
Mon Jun 6 01:26:32 MST 2005

>>Cool, so you have satisfied yourself that you are licensed to use the
>>G.729 codec and not get your ass sued by the IP holders. Now you can
>>simply use the no-license-required codecs from here...
>>
>>http://kvin.lv/pub/Linux/Asterisk/

I've tried using these codecs in the past, but usually ended up with a pile
of
SegFaults and Machine Halts. Question is, are these codecs maintained by
Someone, and if they had ever been interoped with other equipment. It's one
Thing to implement a codec, there is another interoping it with other
vendors.

Nir S