[Asterisk-Users] Re: ISDN 4 BRI card for UK

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Sun Jun 5 14:42:47 MST 2005

In article <056901c56a12$7d183060$0500a8c0 at angusdesktop>,
Angus Comber <angus at iteloffice.com> wrote:

> I want to setup an Asterisk in several offices with 4 BRI ISDN.  I am
> looking for recommendations on hardware.  Criteria would be ease of
> setup, reliability and cost.
>
> The Eicon 4 BRI cards seem fairly pricey.  Shame Digium don't do a
> ISDN BRI card.

BRI is not very commonly used in the US, so their domestic market for
such a card is small.

If the offices haven't had their lines installed yet, you might want
to consider a partial E1 instead with 8 channels, and use a TE110P.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield