[Asterisk-Users] IAXtel update!

Russell Bryant russelb at clemson.edu
Sun Jun 5 14:09:30 MST 2005

Hello Everyone!

Over this weekend, we have updated IAXtel.  Before the update, it was
running at almost 100% cpu load at an idle state because of the massive
amount of database transactions.

We enabled realtime caching and the box immediately crashed.  We were
able to expose a serious bug related to realtime caching in chan_iax2.
Kevin Fleming was able to fix this issue, and also added some
experimental code to further enhance performace.

As I write this message, Asterisk is using about 4 percent CPU load on
IAXtel.  We are hoping that it will become usable again.

"May all of your calls have full-duplex audio!" -- Mark Spencer

Russell