[Asterisk-Users] CLUELESS NEWBIE needs help making an outbound sip call to PSTN

Steve asterisk at michiganbroadband.com
Sun Jun 5 11:26:30 MST 2005

Please correct me if I'm wrong but what I understand you to be saying is:

That there is actually a bug in asterisk that is causing me NOT to be able
to make an outbound SIP to PSTN call?

And that I need to start over and compile a new version that has been
fixed?

Has this been a problem all along or does it only affect the version I am
running?

I am running version:
  Asterisk CVS-Nv1-0-7-05/19/05-11:22:20 built by
root on a i686 running Linux

Can you *please* calrify.... am I still doing something wrong? or is
this the the fault of a bug in asterisk.

Please bare with me here I am a newbie with asterisk.

I am just trying to make a SIMPLE call out to the PSTN via my sip provider
from asterisk.

Your message is unclear if this bug fixes a message problem or if it will
actually help me to be able to make an outbound call...

seems that it still may not work but I will get a different message
that says ""you are using a stale
> challenge, please come back".
"

Thanks and take care!